For an engineered plant, cauliflower looks distinguishably primeval, the stuff dinosaurs would graze. Same as the truffles that combine very well in this soup, that even people who cannot stand the smell of cauliflower enjoy.
- 1 medium cauliflower (about 700g), stalks removed and cut into florets
- 1,5 l chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g parmesan cheese, grated
- 300ml whipping cream
- 30ml white truffle infused oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large saucepan add the cauliflower florets and the stock. Bring to a boil, then lower the temperature and let simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
Add the grated parmesan and the cream and bring to a boil. Using a stick blender, puree the soup directly in the saucepan until it is very smooth and creamy. Add the truffle oil, season with salt and pepper and bring to simmer.
When ready to serve, reheat the soup gently.